Maxtruck – innovative 360° material handling
Business activities MaxTruck is an innovator that has developed a unique allaround forklift with multiple patent protection and hightech solutions for more efficient and safer material handling for the manufacturing industry.
The initial objective is to establish the company through a comprehensive retail network on Europe’s major markets. The product is relevant to most sectors that handle materials with varying levels of service in indoor environments. Initially, MaxTruck is focusing on sectors that frequently handle long loads, such as house manufacturers and the sheet metal industry. The advantages of MaxTruck include the Maxhjulet wheel which enables 360° rotation from a stationary position, and a combination of visibility and flexibility in goods handling as a result of our side-mounted telescopic boom. In addition, MaxTruck has a patented hydraulic system and an efficient synchronous motor for increased accessibility and reduced environmental impact. MaxTruck is extremely flexible with multiple tools, such as a service platform that can be raised up to 8 meters and eliminates the need for a skylift. In combination with a patented safety system that minimizes the risk of injury to drivers and damage to goods, plus a low servicing requirement, this means that we have a significant competitive advantage on the market. At present, MaxTruck is established on three markets outside Sweden: Turkey, Switzerland and Benelux, and start-ups on 5- 7 additional markets are scheduled for next year. MaxTruck’s head offices are in Östersund, Sweden, production and development is based in Bjurholm and its sales office is in Stockholm.
- The material handling sector is a mature and stable market with relatively few major global operators with turnover of approximately 250,000 units annually in our segments. Europe comprises approximately 30 percent of these volumes
- The largest global truck market operators are Toyota Material Handling, Kion Group and Jungheinrich
- Market trends and European legislation indicate that environmental issues and reduced energy consumption will be in the spotlight over the coming years, which we expect to increase demand for MaxTruck’s products
- The market is dominated by mature products and obsolete technology; new solutions are in demand and MaxTruck fits well in this growth segment
- MaxTruck’s embedded flexibility means it can replace several different machines in one application, such as counterweight trucks, four-way trucks and skylifts
Significant events during the year
- MaxTruck established a collaboration with Cukurova on the Turkish market
- Production in Bjurholm scaled up in autumn 2015 with the first major series of MaxTruck 2T
- New CEO and Finance Manager hired at Östersund head office
- Market launch of new 180° turnable fork tool attachment