ARCCORE - software and leading-edge expertise for the automotive industry
ARCCORE is a supplier of specialist services for the automotive industry and proprietary software products based on the internationally established AUTOSAR standard, which defines the software architecture of embedded electronic systems in the automotive industry.
The product portfolio consists of software platforms and associated tools adapted for modellers, developers and integrators of embedded electronics systems. These systems are a pre-requisite for the advanced functionality of modern vehicles and are essential for safe and more environmentally sound vehicles.
ARCCORE also delivers services in the form of development projects and expertise. We accept projects of varying scope, ranging from individual specialist services to a complete development team that configures, integrates and implements an entire electronics system for a car manufacturer or subcontractor.
ARCCORE’s customers include several types of operators, from automotive manufacturers and subcontractors to research institutes and universities, who are directly or indirectly involved in developing embedded electronic systems for the automotive industry. ARCCORE now has global market reach, with customers in Asia and Europe, ranging from small specialists to multinational corporations.
- In 2015, AUTOSAR further consolidated its market position as the automotive industry standard for designing electronic architecture
- Next-generation AUTOSAR is being developed to support the connected and autonomous vehicles of the future
- Increasing demand for finished, leading-edge software solutions for the automotive industry
- As AUTOSAR is increasingly embedded in vehicles, demand for specialist expertise relating to the market standard is also rising
Significant events during the year
- ARCCORE expanded sharply internationally, opening a new office in India and continuing its rapid expansion in Germany
- Sales continued to increase in 2015 and ARCCORE employed some 70 engineers for multiple projects worldwide
- Michael Odälv was appointed as ARCCORE’s new CEO
- Several new deals were closed in Germany as a result of the approval of ARCCORE’s product portfolio for use in the serial production of cars for BMW and Volvo Cars
- ARCCORE started up operations in Asia to support regional customers and several new projects commenced with Asian OEMs and subcontractors
- Several new vehicles using ARCCORE’s software platform went into production in 2015
- ARCCORE delivered its systems for the DriveMe project, the world’s first large-scale pilot project for autonomous driving
- ARCCORE continued to invest in product development and broadened its offering to include integrated Linux and AUTOSAR solutions, complex multicore support and components to satisfy the highest standards in safety-critical systems
- ARCCORE continued its commitment to research and participated in a number of research projects in close collaboration with industry, universities and research institutes. ARCCORE also acted as Volvo Cars’ main partner in a research project on future electrical system architectures