Year-End Report, 2012
High level of activity in a wait-and-see market
Significant events in the fourth quarter and full year 2012
- The net result for the quarter was SEK 0.6 million (27.5) excluding unrealized gains in investments in securities of SEK 29.4 million. The result for the year was SEK 43.0 million (-76.7) excluding unrealized gains in investments in securities of SEK 29.4 million.
- Cash flow for the quarter was SEK -41.1 million (-3.7), of which investments in portfolio companies accounted for SEK -45.5 million (-20.6). Cash flow for the year was SEK -170.9 million ( 137.0), of which investments in portfolio companies accounted for SEK -142.0 million (-115.0).
- Cash and bank balances and investments in securities amounted to SEK 2,505 million (2,604) at the end of the year.
- In 2012 Fouriertransform approved investments in three new companies for a total of SEK 71 million and follow-on investments of SEK 70 million.
- In June Fouriertransform sold its entire holding in FlexProp AB, a portfolio company in Halmstad, to the main shareholder Strömberg Innovation AB.
- Since the start in 2009 Fouriertransform has approved investments totaling SEK 630 million in sixteen companies in the Swedish automotive cluster for a combined investment with syndication partners totaling around SEK 2.0 billion.